Public Library Board

Hodge & Minor Memorial Libraries

About Us

The Town officially established its first public library in October 1896, then housed in the back rooms of the old town hall.  Upon his death in 1936, longtime resident Charles Watson Hodge bequeathed the capital to build the Hodge Memorial Library on North Street with a north wing addition completed in 1967. After outgrowing the 1,941 square foot structure the Town embarked on a major fundraising campaign to construct the 7,500 square foot Minor Memorial Library, which opened in 1994.  The objectives of the Minor Memorial and Hodge Memorial Library and Museum are to promote and encourage and to serve the needs of the Roxbury Community by providing free access to ideas and information through a diversity of library materials, programs, services, and experiences.

Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Teresa Roxburgh Minor Memorial Library Director (860) 354-9938

Board Members

NameTitleTerm
Cynthia Newby

Director/Trustee; Chair

11/19/13 - 11/19/19

Pamela Southworth

Director; Treasurer

11/19/13 - 11/19/19

Mary Schinke

Director/Trustee; Secretary

Vacancy - 11/16/21

Jeffrey Bennett

Director

11/21/17 - 11/21/23

Mark Cohagen

Director

11/17/15 - 11/16/21

Ciara Gorglione

Director

Vacancy - 11/19/19

Alan Johnson

Director/Trustee

11/21/17 - 11/21/23

Joan Stracks

Director/Trustee

11/17/15 - 11/16/21

Kathleen Keefe

Director/Trustee

11/21/17 - 11/21/23