The Roxbury Zoning Commission will now permit a public comment period on its agenda at its regularly scheduled meetings subject to the following:
The ground rules for public comment:
1. Public comment during the designated public comment period is limited to 5 minutes in total per person. The ZEO will keep track with the timer and notify the person speaking.
2. Comments will not be entertained about any item in litigation, threatened litigation or appeal, under appeal or in settlement discussions.
3. Comments will not be entertained about any application or any other matter which appears on the meeting agenda or which is pending before the Commission; further comments will not be entertained after the close of a public hearing on any application.
4. Anyone who wishes to speak under public comment shall contact the Land Use office in person or via telephone during regular business hours of that office at least 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) before the meeting asking to be placed on the public comments section of the regular meeting. Once the number of requests reaches 6 on that list the Commission will not entertain any further public comment for that particular agenda.
5. If any person has a direct complaint against staff or the Commission these issues must be reduced to writing and will not be addressed at the public comment section of the meeting.
6. Nothing in these guidelines shall be construed as a condition to attending any meeting of the Commission.
7. The Public comment period shall only apply to regular meetings as defined by the Freedom of Information Act.