ROXBURY CODE OF ORDINANCES
Sec. 9-131. Establishment.
Pursuant to the powers granted by § 7-151a of the General Statutes the Lake Lillinonah Authority is hereby established. Said Authority shall be comprised of the Town of Roxbury and such other Towns having Lake Lillinonah within their territorial limits as may adopt the provisions of said Statute and shall exercise all powers authorized under the Statutes of this State for Lake Authorities.
Sec. 9-132. Membership.
Said Authority shall be composed of three (3) delegates from each member town who shall be appointed by the Board of Selectmen, or Governing Body, of each town, one for a term of one (1) year; one for a term of two (2) years; and one for a term of three (3) years. All subsequent appointments shall be for terms of three (3) years.
Sec. 9-133. Powers.
Said Authority shall have the power to:
1) Act as agent for the member towns in cooperating with the Commissioner of Environmental Protection in the enforcement of the Boating Laws on such water.
2) Control and abate algae and aquatic weeds in cooperation with the Commissioner of Environmental Protection.
3) Study water management including, but not limited to, water depth and circulation and make recommendations for action to its member towns.
4) Act as agent for member towns with respect to filing applications for grants and reimbursements with the Department of Environmental Protection and other State agencies in connection with state and federal programs.
5) Act as agent for member towns with respect to receiving gifts for any of its purposes